Why Do You Need The Best Portable Paw Washer & Cleaner For Your Dog?
No matter what you say, whom you talk to, and how you train your pup, you cannot stop them from going everywhere and getting dirt and grime all over. Getting your dogs to take a shower and getting them clean can often be taxing, and with their feet exposed, you might be like us, who are constantly wiping their pup's paws. From muddy pads, removing snowballs and drying paws so that they don't slip on the tile and wood floors can become a time-consuming task.
To make things easier, you can use a dog paw washer. It's a device that makes thoroughly cleaning your dog's paws easy and hassle-free. We here at Wildog specialize in providing outdoor enthusiasts and survivalists with all sorts of quality gear for them and their pets.
So we know all there is to know about whether or not you need paw washers for your dogs. If you are taking your dog on your outdoor trips, then you need to take extra care, and you will need the best portable pet paw cleaner. However, don't just believe what we say. In the following passages, we will let you know why you need the best portable pet paw cleaners for your dog. So without further ado, let's check them out!
Why Do You Need To Wash The Paws Of Your Dog?
We are yet to see any fastidious pooch that does its best to stay clean. From time to time, your dog will get his feet dirty. However, there's more than one reason to ensure your dog's feet are clean. So let's check out what they are!
- Cleaning your dog's paws will help you keep your floors clean. You can set up a cleaning station just outside the door where you can get all the mud and grime off its paws.
- Regular cleaning of the paws also let's check the feet for cuts or other wounds. Dirt, mud, and grime can hide injuries, and regular cleaning will help you identify it before it becomes an issue.
- Regular cleaning removes mud and other debris. It can irritate the paws. Some dogs are allergic to items that get stuck between their toes, so it's an excellent way to identify problems like this before it becomes an issue.
- It helps keep your dogs safe from unsafe products like de-icing materials during winter. Chemicals can be toxic if your dog ends up ingesting them by licking its feet.
So you see, having clean paws can be a lifesaver on many occasions. Clean paws will ensure your furry friend doesn't carry in the dirt, and it will give you a chance to check whether or not your best friend is hurt or not. Now that you know why you need to wash the paws for dogs let's talk about how a paw washer can help you. But before we talk about that, let's check out some of the issues and diseases that can pop up if the paws are not cleaned regularly!
Dog Paw Pad Injuries & Issues
Your dog can suffer from a host of different paw pad issues and injuries. It can suffer from abrasions, cuts, blisters, ulcers, cracked to torn nails, and many other types of problems. Regular washing and checking also help you identify and get ahead of many underlying causes to know how to take proper care of your pet and how to prevent the problem from rearing its head again in the future. Here are some of the things you should be wary of as a dog owner!
Fungal & Bacterial Infections
Like every surface on earth, the paws of your little furbaby have fungus and bacteria living on them. Now, this is usually never a problem, but like you and me, dogs too can get fungal and bacterial infections that can turn into a big issue later on. Here are some of the signs you should be wary of in regards to your dog's paw:
- Licking or chewing the paws
- Redness or inflammation between the toes
- Discharge or drainage from the feet
- If your dog acts like his feet are itchy
If you see any of these symptoms from your furry friend, then make sure you take him to a vet. Immediate attention is required, and without it might result in severe consequences.
Dry & Cracked Paw Pads
Dry and cracked paw pads are a severe issue, and ruptures on the pad surface can put your pal's health at risk by increasing the possibility of contracting an infection. There are a few factors that can cause dry and cracked paw pads. They are:
- Constant licking
- Exposure to weather extremes - hot pavement or ice
- Chemical exposure - plants like stinging nettle, ice melt solutions, and some others factors.
If you see dry and cracked pads, then it might be because of dry air. Make sure you contact your vet about the problem explore all the treatment and prevention options.
Ticks can cause a wide range of problems for your fur baby. The parasite can even infect the feet of your dog. It can climb into the warm crevices and embed in your dog's feet. Make sure you check the pads and crevices in the paws for these bloodsuckers. If you find this parasite, then make sure you take your furry friend to the vet and have the animal checked.
Some species of ticks can carry diseases and could affect your dog's health. However, if you want to take matters into your own hand, then you can try to pull the tick out. Just grab near the head of the tick with tweezers or a hemostat. Another common foot parasite is mange mite. Usually, mange will show up all over the body, but if that's not the case and it affects only the feet, then you will see the following signs:
- Licking or chewing of the paws
- Reluctance to walk on hard surfaces
- Inflammation around the feet
- Hair loss
- Crusting or scaling
Remember, mange needs to be cured fast. Whenever you suspect mange take your furry friend to the vet. The vet will take skin scrapings to find out if it's actually mange or something else.
How Does A Paw Washer Help?
If you are already washing your furry friend's paws, you might be using a towel or cloth. However, in our experience, we've seen that our dogs can still leave paw prints. We are not saying that using a towel won't work, but it doesn't give us the complete cleaning we want. A portable pet paw cleaner can help out a lot in this regard.
How Does Portable Pet Paw Cleaners Work?
Portable pet paw cleaners are devices that thoroughly clean one paw at a time. The traditional portable pet paw washer works simply. All you need to do is stick your dog's feet into the cup or chamber of the device. After that, you need to spin the container around the paw or rub the foot against a brush. And the bristles do the rest of the work. Make sure you change the water each time you use the pet paw washer. If your dog's feet are extra soiled, then you might need to change the water in the container between each foot.
Another type of portable pet paw cleaner is waterless washing foams. It's a different type of paw cleaner that works by spraying a foam shampoo on the paw and using a soft-bristle brush to scrub the pads clean. Regardless of which type of pet paw washer you use, one thing is clear, and that's you need the best paw washer to ensure complete safety for your furry friend. So now that you know how portable paw washers work let's check out what you need to know when looking for the best paw washers.
What Features Do The Best Paw Washers Have?
Portable pet paw cleaners have a few different features that you need to look at when choosing a paw washer for your dog. Features like the brushing and cleaning mechanism are all crucial factors that help you decide which is the best paw washer for you. You also have to consider things like how easy the paw washer is to operate and maintain, along with whether or not it fits your dog's paws. Here are the features you should look for when looking for the best paw washer!
When looking for portable paw cleaners, make sure you choose one with soft bristles. Remember that paw cleaners rely heavily on the brushing mechanism to help to remove the dirt and debris that's sticking to the dog's feet. Choosing one with a scrubber that can get the job done without hurting the dog's feet will be vital to finding the best paw washer for your furry friend. Make sure that the portable paw cleaner you choose has cleansing features that use pliable materials like rubber, silicone, or soft plastic.
The Cleaning Mechanism
Another feature that you need to look at when choosing the best paw washer is the cleaning mechanism. Along with the brushes, you need to understand how the portable pet cleaner works. Most portable pet paw washers have one chamber where you insert one paw at a time into the cup-like chamber and swish it around, and the brushes clean the inside.
Also, make sure you know the size of the reservoir opening and whether or not it will fit your pup's foot. Other cleaning features you may want to look into are a cleaning cloth or a dry shampoo. Remember that the type of cleaning mechanism for a portable pet paw cleaner you will need depends on the kind of dirt or grime your pooch encounters. So consider that when choosing the best pet paw washer for your dog.
Ease Of Use
One of the significant factors we think that come into play when choosing the best pet paw washer is how much elbow grease you want to invest in cleaning your pup's feet. Find out whether or not you want a manual or automatic paw cleaner for your dog. Manual ones are those where you would have to invest a bit of elbow grease, whereas automatic ones will usually do the work for you. One of the most significant factors that will go into you making the decision is to weigh the cost-benefit for each type. You will have to choose which one fits your budget the best.
Knowing how to maintain the pet paw washer is key to determining whether or not the paw cleaner is right for you. There are paw cleaners that unscrew from the top, and you can remove the brush mechanism for cleaning. You should know how easy it is to take the washer apart. Also, find out if the scrubber needs extra care or whether or not you can use soap and water. See if it comes with an owner's manual, and make sure to check if it contains clear instructions or not.
Effectiveness In Cleaning
If you want the best pet paw washer, then it goes without saying that you want one that works really well. Remember, not all products are equal. Check out the reviews and features, along with asking experts about whether or not the cleaner removes the dirt properly. The effectiveness in cleaning is the only way for you to determine whether or not the pet paw cleaner is right for you. Now that you know how to find the best pet paw cleaner, we also want to equip you with some additional tips to keep your dog's paw pads healthy. In the following, you will find some bonus tips that will help keep your dog healthy!
Tips To Keep Your Dog's Paw Pads Healthy
Dogs are constantly wandering through the world, meaning it's in constant use. So it's vital to keep up with your dog's movements and ensure his safety. You need to do regular examinations, protective measures, and proper care to ensure your dog's health remains pristine. Here are things you can do to ensure your dog's paw's remain healthy:
- Do routine checks. Spread the toes apart and look at all surfaces. Look for redness, swelling, or unexpected objects between the digits. If you find any, then take your furry friend to the vet.
- Regular cleaning is vital to keeping your dog's health perfect. Remember, mud and debris build-up can contribute to infections and other issues. So make sure you clean gunk, dirt, or chemicals as ice melt don't keep piling up in between the toes.
- If you are like us and love to spend time hiking or running over rough terrain with your dog, then you have to use protective booties. When we go camping, we make sure to use protective booties as sharp rocks or constant exposure to rugged conditions can and will lead to cuts and injuries. It's one of the best things you can do for your dog as it also protects your dog's feet in extreme cold.
- Long nails are usually uncomfortable for dogs when they walk. If the nails are long, they catch on bushes and clothing and tears away from the pad. Now, if you have a dog that has long fur, then make sure you keep it short, especially between the toes. Remember that tufts of hair can trap snowballs, ice, and foreign objects.
- You have to protect your dog's paw pads from drying and cracking. There are dog-safe moisturizers or balm to condition pads and prevent your dog's feet from drying and cracking.
Bonus Tips: Some Of The Best Pet Paw Washers
As you can see, pet paw washers are a vital part of pet care, so make sure you get one that fits your needs. Here are some portable pet paw cleaners that you can check out. Each choice is carefully selected for different size dogs. So check them out and find the one that fits your needs:
- The best paw washer for medium dogs.
- The best portable pet paw cleaner for small and medium dogs.
- Affordable portable pet paw cleaners for medium dogs.
- The best portable pet paw cleaner for medium and large dogs.
- The best paw washer for large dogs.
- The best pet paw cleaner for petite and large dogs.
The Best Portable Pet Paw Cleaner Shop
So there you go, those are all the reasons you need why you need the best portable pet paw cleaners for your dog. It's an issue of hygiene and health, so you have to make sure you choose the best portable paw washer that fits your need. We already gave you some recommendations for paw cleaners, and if you need some more assistance regarding camping and survival equipment, then please contact us. Our mission here at Wildog is to ensure we provide you with quality products at an affordable rate, and we believe we can offer you the best value when it comes to finding the best portable pet paw cleaners.
And with that being said, that's about all we have for you today. Let us know in the comments below what type of paw cleaner you are using right now. Also, tag us in the pictures of your furry friend on social media so that we get to know you a bit better. Please send in your thoughts and suggestions as well so that we know how to better cater to your needs. We will come back with something new for you soon. Until then, see ya!